Mold On Food May Be Okay

CheeseWhen there’s mold on your cheese do you scrape it away? Or do you get grossed out and throw it out? Today’s article discusses whether it’s safe to eat moldy food. Here’s what they had to say, “For many foods it actually is OK to just cut away the mold and eat the rest, says Leslie Bonci, director of sports nutrition at the Center for Sports Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. But, she says, “some molds can be quite toxic to the body. You can develop respiratory symptoms, gastrointestinal symptoms and sometimes allergies. Some are very dangerous.”” To read more, CLICK HERE.